growing to love what I expected to hate and all the daily craziness surrounding the weather

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Walking up hills with ice

I'm not the only one who blogs about how Minnesota winter is enough to drive you a little crazy. This is a good cab story, and I knew I had to link you all to it when I read this:

"Whenever there's a blizzard, I usually end up stowing my car in a ramp about a mile away and walking home. In the ice, however? I seriously did not want to walk up the hill when it was covered with a quarter-inch sheet of ice."

Duluth is beautiful, but I think I'd rather spend summers there, quite honestly.

When it was too hot, or it rained too hard, everything came to a halt in El Salvador and nothing got done until it was more bearable. Is that what happens here when the streets freeze over?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We would be wise to slow down when it is too cold or too icy or there is too much snow, but we don't. Does anyone know why?

Sanguinetti A! said...

I'd vote for that.

I don't like the tough guy attitude I sense about this winter stuff.