growing to love what I expected to hate and all the daily craziness surrounding the weather

Friday, January 18, 2008

Haircut, part two.

Ashlee should be a lawyer. She talked me into it. I told her, "I don't know what I want but I know what I don't want" and explained the whole mom and boss situation. She convinced me to let her cut my hair the way I wanted it cut because a) I have a personal life and I shouldn't let my boss' haircut affect that! b) It's just too sad to not get what you want! and c) It didn't have to be *exactly* like my boss'! Ashlee sometimes talks in exclamation points, another reason I adore her.

You know what though? I seriously de-emphasized the mom part. It's fascinating to me what I/people choose not to talk about. I can't tell you why I did that.

During the cut and after she cut it, she kept raving about how cute it was. It is cute. I do like it. It is what I wanted. And I can't stop rehearsing my explanation to my boss. It occurred to me in the car that men get their hair cut alike all the time. This should be no big deal, right? It feels like a big boundary no no deal. Ug.

2 comments:

Hugo Minor said...

Okay we want pictures. Show us your hair.

Sanguinetti A! said...

Oooookay.

Someday soon.

Think Amelie.