growing to love what I expected to hate and all the daily craziness surrounding the weather

Thursday, January 17, 2008

I wasn't being dramatic, after all

I commented to a comment in a previous post using the dramatic term "arctic" to describe our weather. I say that often out loud. "It's not the arctic!" L. often replies, with an accompanying eye roll or a deep sigh.

And this morning I read this headline: Arctic blast to send the temperatures tumbling, Cold snap could last for 10 days, the Weather Service said.

Here is the whole story.

We've cancelled weekend plans twice for various reasons and I have to say I'm glad I don't have a single reason to leave the house.

Minnesota is not the arctic, but we get arctic blasts. Hmm. I think I'm entitled to my drama.
Any day now, I expect to see these guys wandering down from the north.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is not the arctic. But my eyelashes did have icicles on them when I returned from a 20 minute walk at lunch. My scarf froze to my cheeks too.

Anonymous said...

staying at home is a good plan... as long as you actually keep the doors shut :-) no really, tea, a good book, and a fake fireplace. doesn't get any better than that!