growing to love what I expected to hate and all the daily craziness surrounding the weather

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Live piano player at Menards!

We wandered around Menards (a Midwestern mega-super-gigantic hardware-n-everything store) today looking for some items we didn't find at the re-use store, Ax-Man.

Menards has a live piano player! So amazing and funny and great! He even said "good afternoon" to me in such an enchanted manner that I felt like I was entering Charlie's chocolate factory.

I eventually coaxed The Photographer into maybe sneaking a photo of the piano player, but many blue-vested Menards staff were hovering around us at the moment we'd mustered up courage to steal a shot. And we chickened out. So you'll just have to take our word for it.

6 comments:

the last noel said...

Hey, this Menard's place sounds like the place to go. I notice that they don't have a location in Los Angeles--poo!

Nancy said...

I love this!!!

Sanguinetti A! said...

Hi thelastnoel!

As far as I know, Menards is only in the Midwest. My Iowegian friend in San Francisco used to talk about it with humor all the time. Guess you'll have to make a trip east!

I've actually seen a fair number of piano players in public in this town! Diners, the hardware store, etc.

Hugo Minor said...

MEIN GOTT! I could start a new career in the Midwest.

Sanguinetti A! said...

I fully support that, Hugo.

Anonymous said...

Menards is a chain of home improvement stores. I found out that your blog concerns the company. I did not have a chance to personally deal with the products and the services of Menards, but I did read a lot about it. The reviews are more negative, than positive. Consumers are not happy with the quality of goods and maintenance services. Check out www.pissedconsumer.com for more information.