growing to love what I expected to hate and all the daily craziness surrounding the weather

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I smell a pilgrimage

Having heard before I moved here about the "famous" giant stucco snowman, I've been wondering when I'd stumble across him. Today I came across a pdf file about exploring art in the suburbs that outlines a history of this snowman sculpture. I think now is a good point in my acculturation to Minnesota to finally go find him.

Just for your viewing pleasure, here's a photo stolen from his wikipedia entry:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's go! We can get panekuken too.

Anonymous said...

i, in fact, drove past him yesterday morning. i even have a story that involves a teenager and trying to off himself that goes along with this snow person! with the construction on highway 36 s/he looks a little different. but it is a sight to behold!

Sanguinetti A! said...

Martha, I can't wait to hear the story.

Unknown said...

It's not very far away! You must go!!!