growing to love what I expected to hate and all the daily craziness surrounding the weather

Friday, January 18, 2008

Should I get it cut like Prince?

The best haircut I've ever had was in Minneapolis a year ago. I've been a faithful customer to Ashlee at Maude Salon ever since. Who would've guessed Minneapolis? I know San Francisco has an overwhelming number of highly capable hair folk, I just could never afford them. The Midwest is nice for that - more bang for your buck, on most things. (Except for persimmons in winter.)

Today I'm going for a haircut. What's funny about it this time is that I have no idea yet what I'll come out with. Three days ago I'd decided on something different than what I've had for a year. The next day, I went into the hospital (where I'm doing my internship) and my supervisor had just cut her hair in that same style. Then I realized my own mother had that haircut right now.

Imagine going around looking like your mom and your boss. What a Freudian field day! My mom and boss are incidentally two of the most naturally fashionable people I've ever known.

I have no idea what I'll come out with.

I wonder which haircut would make me look least likely to be from here? I'll take that one. Because Prince is from here and you'd never guess it.

No comments: