growing to love what I expected to hate and all the daily craziness surrounding the weather

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Interview update

I update 'cuz I don't want to leave you hanging. So nice of me.

The interview went well! I'd wanted the job mostly to gain access to people in the field I want to pursue once I'm a licensed social worker. It was my strategy for making connections. The job was interesting, I knew I would have enjoyed it, but my main intention was to network.

Success already! I got this really cool email after the interview:

"Thank you again for coming in today. We have decided to hire another applicant, but Dr. Xyzxyz wanted me to convey that we were impressed with your background and to assure you that new positions open up periodically for which we would want to hire someone with your qualifications. In fact, he said that there may soon be a position specifically for a student in Social Work. We will keep your information on file."

This is the best kind of turn-down ever! Couldn't ask for much more.

No comments: