growing to love what I expected to hate and all the daily craziness surrounding the weather

Monday, February 4, 2008

Dream in Hawaiian

Right before I woke up, I was wearing a grass skirt and nothing else, the sun was breaking through the clouds and it was hot outside. Something about a mango. Something about not caring about anything.

And then I woke up and L. said, "look at the pretty trees outside." The trees outside our window are really mature and huge and make gorgeous silhouettes in the winter. See?

All I could see, however, was grey, plain sky and black trees (ie winter February death). And I said, "Fucking winter. I want green. I want flowers. I want red tomatoes at the farmer's market. I want sunshine. Rain and not snow. Fucking winter."

Now it's snow/sleeting outside. It used to feel so beautiful, now it feels like prison.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

It sucks so much!!!!! I was thinking that very same thing yesterday. I told my nephew that during the summer we can go outside without shoes and coats. He smiled and said, "noooooooo". I even went so far as to tell him we could go out without any clothes on at all. Crazy Auntie Nancy.

Anonymous said...

if only you were a therapist, you'd start to recognize february as the "busy season." everyone gets frustrated with the seasonal affective and comes on in. and then you just get to work all the time in february and forget that it is awful outside. really, this month helps keep many a mental health clinic in the black!

Sanguinetti A! said...

Fascinating! Does anyone request initial sessions in, say, June?