growing to love what I expected to hate and all the daily craziness surrounding the weather

Monday, February 4, 2008

Email between the wife and myself

This morning, I sent L. an email. We use "Dear" and "Sincerely" and such out of humor, not seriously. (Just in case you wondered.)

Here's mine:

Dear L.,
I have a proposal to make. Next winter, we are taking a vacation. When the excitement wears off when we find out how much it will cost, I would like to encourage us to think recklessly as if we are living our last days on earth. As I read news stories about Carnival in Rio, it is snowing outside. I am in my robe with raisin bran stuck in my teeth and my bad haircut is crusty and greasy. I have no intention of going outside today. This is sad. Next winter, even if we have to charge it, even if we have to take out a vacation loan, by God, I'm going away to someplace warm and colorful, and I hope you'll go with me.

Sincerely,
Sanguinetti A!

To which the wifie replied:

Dear Sanguinetti A!,
I agree with you 100%.

Best, L.

Well, I did brush my teeth and go outside, for the record. But it's snowing heavily out there and I only did it because L. slipped on ice this morning and hurt her back and needed me to bring her a hot pack and then take her to the doctor.

WINTERRRAARRRRGH!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sanguinetti A!,

You are the most caring spouse ever.

Best,
L.