growing to love what I expected to hate and all the daily craziness surrounding the weather

Friday, February 29, 2008

Another polar bear plunge

Here's my chance, folks. I could join 3-400 crazy Minnesotans in this Sunday's Polar Bear Plunge.

"The Minneapolis Police Department and Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board are hosting the event, which will take place at 2:30 p.m. at Thomas Beach at Thomas Avenue South & West Calhoun Parkway. Plungers are taking pledges to benefit the Special Olympics. Last year, 265 plungers raised more than $50,000 for Special Olympics Minnesota."

Who dares me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I DO! I've lived here for 12 years now, and there's no way in HELL I will EVER do the Polar Bear plunge. Nor go ice fishing. But I admire people who do.

You can take the girl out of San Diego...

Sanguinetti A! said...

Apologies to everyone holding their breath. I did not do it.

Leigha's right. In my mind, it's always 70 and sunny.