growing to love what I expected to hate and all the daily craziness surrounding the weather

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I'm sorry, but I see no hints of spring at -10 degrees

This from MNspeak.com:

"Maybe it's just a more relaxed attitude about work lately, but today I left the office with just a trace of sun left in the sky, and noticed that the east Lake Street Dairy Queen is open. The forecasts see no hints of a thaw any time soon, but meteorology be damned, are there any other signs that winter is about to start its inevitable retreat?"

I did not leave the house all day yesterday because the temp ranged from 4 to -10. It is not close to spring yet, not in the least. This is insane, convoluted thinking! That crazy Minnesotan!

Many people assure me that once the mercury hits 50 degrees, people will go outside in flip-flops, shorts, and t-shirts. There will still be snow on the ground and the trees will still be barren. People call that spring here. I'm sorry, I am in the minority, but that's just crazy.

One of my to-do tasks this week is to buy a plane ticket to San Francisco for sometime in the next 3-4 weeks.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

ha ha ha! Izza asked me to make popsicles the other day. She asked for ice cream today! She ate a pear and said it tasted like summer. I think she can feel the spring coming on!