growing to love what I expected to hate and all the daily craziness surrounding the weather

Monday, March 17, 2008

monumental moment in month 9

I actually got invited to my first party in Minnesota. THIS IS A BIG DEAL!

Remember, Minnesotans generally hang out with their best friends from high school and need 25 weeks of advance planning to make a date.

And it was a spontaneous "we're calling you today for a party tonight" invite.

My ego was spinning!

It was a fabulous party, too, with a manageable number of lively and lovely attendees. The gourmet dinner was thoughtfully planned and expertly executed and we grazed on grilled tomatoes, salmon quiche, beet bacon salad, and mushroom bruschetta for three hours. No one really knew anyone else, which made for a fair playing field for getting to know each other.

Upon leaving, L. said, "that's where all the coolest people are hanging out right now in Minneapolis!" And then she said, pensively, "I think perhaps no one there was actually Minnesotan." She's right. I can't think of a single person there who didn't move here.

OMG! My conclusions about having more success in finding non-Minnesotan friends and her conclusions about Minnesotans not being spontaneous might be right!

No comments: