growing to love what I expected to hate and all the daily craziness surrounding the weather

Thursday, March 13, 2008

crazy signs of spring

It's only 40-something out there and you'd think we'd gone mad. I know I have - mad with ecstasy. Check out what I've seen lately.
  1. A suburban just drove by with a golden retriever hanging out of the front window.
  2. Two kids were riding their bikes in tank tops.
  3. The gutters are gushing with snow melt, and the sound of it is pure music to my ears.
  4. I'm happy. Really.
  5. The teenagers in the neighborhood are running amok in the night again. I love that about our neighborhood: white, privileged, well-fed, giggling gangs. It would be even more wonderful if they happened to be un-privileged and not white and still well-fed and giggling, but I take what I can get.
  6. I didn't wear long underwear today for the first time since November. Really.
  7. The thermostat has been set to 60 or below all day and the inside temperature hasn't fallen below 63.
  8. And best of all, the snow people are emaciated. Click on this image to see details and have a a good laugh at these little teeny super guys:

No comments: